Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Forms cannot distinguish between mouse-click and mouse-doublclick (V12.2.1.2.0)
Forms cannot distinguish between mouse-click and mouse-doublclick [message #687888] Wed, 12 July 2023 08:03 Go to next message
c2oncpr
Forms Builder:  V12.2.1.2.0
Database: 19.19.0.0.0

I have a non-database item on my block with when-mouse-click and when-mouse-doubleclick triggers.  When I single-click the field, when-mouse-click fires, good.  When I double-click the field, both triggers fire, bad.  Why is when-mouse-click firing on double-click?  Does anyone know what's going on here, or how to deal with this behavior?
Re: Forms cannot distinguish between mouse-click and mouse-doublclick [message #687892 is a reply to message #687888] Wed, 12 July 2023 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't have Forms available, and I never worked with a version newer than 9.0.4. The fact is: I can't remember I ever used those triggers and I can't offer any suggestion based on my own experience.

Googling around, I found this (http://vjcoracleapps.blogspot.com/2011/08/form-triggers.html) which looks like copy of official EBS Forms documentation. Nonetheless, this is what it says about WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLECLICK:

Quote:

1.3.2.8 When-Mouse-DoubleClick
Fires after the operator double-clicks the mouse if one of the following events occurs:
- if attached to the form, when the mouse is double-clicked within any canvas-view or item in the form
- if attached to a block, when the mouse is double-clicked within any item in the block
- if attached to an item, when the mouse is double-clicked within the item

Six events must occur before a When-Mouse-DoubleClick trigger will fire:
- Mouse down
- Mouse up
- Mouse click                --> HERE
- Mouse down
- Mouse up
- Mouse double-click

Any trigger that is associated with these events will fire before the When-Mouse-DoubleClick trigger fires.

So it seems that - if you have both WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK and WHEN-MOUSE-DOUBLECLICK - both will fire.

Also, this (https://forums.oracle.com/ords/apexds/post/forms-12-2-1-3-can-not-distinguish-between-mouse-click-and-5589) OTN Forums discussion talks about those two triggers, but related to a button (you said you're working with items). Michael Ferrante (from Oracle) talked to developers (who develop Oracle Forms) and they confirmed that MOUSE triggers shouldn't be used on buttons.
Re: Forms cannot distinguish between mouse-click and mouse-doublclick [message #687895 is a reply to message #687892] Sat, 15 July 2023 08:45 Go to previous message
c2oncpr
Well, that would explain it.  Thanks.
Previous Topic: How to append a query in where clause of existing query
Next Topic: Send Message WhatsAapp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:43:32 CDT 2024